Supporting The Community
As one of Asia’s leading gaming and entertainment corporations, Galaxy Entertainment Group (“GEG” or “the Group”) recognizes that sustainable businesses are established on the foundations of integrity, quality and people development. To this end, GEG takes proactive steps to ensure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, deliver “World Class, Asian Heart” products and services to its guests, and develop relationships to support and grow with its team members and business partners and uphold its quality and professionalism.
GEG considers corporate social responsibility (“CSR”) as one of the key defining features of how it shapes its future. The Group is committed to supporting and participating in a wide range of social, philanthropic and volunteering activities, and contributing to environmental sustainability. GEG continually explores new and eco-friendly ways to build and develop its projects, monitor and adjust its waste management systems and invest in energy and water saving initiatives.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS
GEG is fully compliant with the rules and regulations of the Macau Special Administrative Region (“SAR”) Government and the statutory requirements as set out by the Hong Kong SAR Government. In particular, the Group is committed to implementing strict standards in areas concerning anti-corruption and anti-money laundering practices, imposing these on its officers and employees, partners and all independent third parties who work on GEG’s behalf, and undertake due diligence on business partners working with GEG. Furthermore, GEG has in place anti-corruption and anti-money laundering policies and standards of practice that facilitate the close monitoring of the compliance with applicable rules and actively encourages all its team members to report any non-compliance and suspected non-compliance in accordance with the Group’s standard operating procedures. In addition, GEG makes every effort to train, educate and bring up-to-date its team members to fully execute its internal policies and standard of practice.
TEAM MEMBERS ENGAGEMENT
GEG considers team members as its biggest asset. Viewing team members as the very foundation of its achievements, the Group supports and empowers its team members to fulfill the needs of its guests and deliver its exceptional “game day” experience.
1. Diversity of Team Members
GEG values diversity when hiring team members, including different genders, ages, qualifications and experiences.
2. Talent Management
Organization Development and Training initiatives engage and support the promotion and delivery of the Group’s Mission, Vision and core values. Our team members receive our full support in their development as this is a differentiating factor that attracts, retains and prepares our team members for great personal and organizational success.
To support the Group’s continued success, Organization Development and Training has built and delivered in collaboration with the business units the following key initiatives in 2015.
- Galaxy Macau™ Phase 2 and Broadway Macau™ – Designed and delivered training programs for all new onboard staff in line with key customer journeys to ensure the World Class Asian Service philosophy was embedded into the new elements of the property whilst creating a new “Fun, Festive and Friendly” service style which provides an “Up Close and Personal” experience for our guests at Broadway Macau
- Accelerated Development of Local Team Members – the Accelerated Development Program is designed to develop and fast track local team members into key supervisory and managerial roles in order to build workforce capability for the expansion of the integrated resort. The program gave hundreds of local team members the opportunity for career progression and promotion. This program was recognized as an award winner for talent management practices in the Asia Region Human Resource and Innovation Awards
- Capability Development – building the capabilities of our employees in a structured and responsive manner through a blend of world-class on-and-off-the-job learning experiences
- Training & Learning Innovation – investing in the right technologies and leveraging the appropriate delivery channels including blended and e-learning to ensure broadened access and maximum learning impact on employee development and business outcomes
- Workforce Agility – preparing our workforce to support existing and future business needs and growth by development programs that respond to employee and business requirements
Organizational Development and Training Programs establish direction for the Group with respect to the strategic and tactical investment in the utilization of our human resource capital including:
- Signature and Core Programs - Programs are anchored in the Group’s Mission, Vision and Values to ensure complete alignment of knowledge and skills and provide professional and career development opportunities customized to business and team member needs. Guest service and corporate social responsibility programs are our core programs and activities for this year
- Technical Skills and Operations Programs - Operations skills training programs continue to support and drive for operational excellence. Our employee training journeys and GEG’s curriculum as a framework standardizes training design, development, implementation and evaluation of service and operations training programs
- Career Development - Career development with a focus on developing local team members within GEG remains a high priority and commitment. Career and Talent Development Programs have been designed to provide targeted structured technical, managerial and leadership skills training for managers and leaders
The Group’s world class Leaders Program series is a tailor-made program for the leaders and is closely linked to practical and contextualized learning. This program was recognized as an award winner for Leadership Development at the Human Resource and Innovation awards covering the Asia region.
|GEG training programs provide team members the opportunity to learn in a structured and supported way on and off the job whilst providing them with promotional and career development possibilities|
3. Working Environment
GEG is dedicated to building a strong employer brand – one that attracts and retains people. GEG achieved three goals in 2015 to enable this philosophy:
- A great place to start - Developed a structured Orientation Program which allows team members, particularly new hires, to understand GEG’s Mission, Vision, Values and Culture; Showed appreciation to team members through presenting awards to outstanding staff
- A comfortable working environment - Expanded and upgraded its facilities such as opening new staff restaurants at Galaxy Macau™ Phase 2 and Broadway Macau to cater for increasing staff numbers
- Balance for everyone - Organized three Team Member Rallies at Broadway Theatre to support andshow appreciation to around 6,000 team members; Supported team members to achieve a healthy work-life balance by setting up monthly social and volunteering activities through GEG Staff Social Club and GEG Volunteer Team. Social activities included drone videography workshop, soccer fun day and origami workshop
GEG provides all new team members with Orientation Program to communicate its Mission, Vision and Values, and guest service standards. A work buddy system is in place to support new team members, and feedback on performance is immediately provided. Furthermore, the Group tactfully provides a number of different channels for its guests to provide their feedback:
- Mystery shopping is conducted to evaluate service quality, compliance with rules and regulations, and the overall guest experience
- Comment cards, email addresses and social media channels are available for guests to provide feedback and rate the Group’s services
- Teleservices hotline and Quality Assurance Managers are available for monitoring guest reviews and resolvingcomplaints, where appropriate
GEG works diligently to promote responsible business practices across its supply chain. Supporting Macau SAR Government to foster new industries and accelerate the process of Macau’s economic diversification, GEG supports Macau’s SMEs and local enterprises proactively by:
- Sourcing its material goods and services locally in Macau
- Giving priority to local SMEs when looking for suppliers in the areas of food, facilities, renovation and maintenance works
- Inviting local SMEs in the retail and food and beverage sectors to open outlets in Broadway Macau
- Supporting SMEs in areas such as management, maintenance, security, cleaning, finance, team member training andmarketing
GEG works closely with all its suppliers in selecting products and services that meets its operational need, creates minimal adverse impacts on the environment, and possesses the quality assurance that meets or exceeds all relevant legal obligations and codes of practice.
1. Responsible Gaming
GEG employs industry best practices and benchmarks international standards to achieve its responsible gaming objectives. The Group continues to work closely with different authorities to develop a wide range of initiatives in 2015, including:
- Organized a number of responsible gaming related workshops, training and programs in which over 9,000 frontline team members took part
- Provided individual face-to-face, hotline, on-site and online counseling support for team members and consulting services to guests suffering from gambling disorders
- Sponsored a micro movie premiere to enhance the understanding of problem gambling and promote responsible gaming to the public
- Distributed thousands of pamphlets containing messages of responsible gaming and the rules of games
|Gabinete Coordenador Dos Serviços Sociais Sheng Kung Hui Macau and GEG joined hands to hold responsible gaming roadshows under the theme of “How to help someone with gambling problems”|
2. Galaxy Entertainment Group Foundation
To reinforce GEG’s commitment to being a socially responsible organization, the Group established the Galaxy Entertainment Group Foundation (“the Foundation”) in April 2015. The Foundation advocates in giving back to the community in Macau and the Greater China Region through engaging in philanthropic activities, in particular with nurturing young people in developing their positive moral and life values, as well as enhancing their education and employment opportunities so as to enable them to contribute to the community they live in.
GEG’s commitment to building a strong relationship with its team members, guests, business partners and local communities enables the Group to meet its objectives and, at the same time, support and contribute to Macau’s economy. Looking ahead, the Foundation will continue to inspire positive changes to the communities through the projects it will initiate.
3. Contribution to Community
Following the philosophy of “what is taken from the community is to be used for the good of the community”, GEG contributes to the community by sponsoring a variety of local charities and fundraising activities, launching its own initiatives that focus on the specific areas of youth development, sports, promoting social harmony and establishing Macau as a World Center of Tourism & Leisure.
Rooted in Macau, GEG also contributes to the local community by encouraging its team members to join and take part in volunteering activities. Established in 2011, the GEG Volunteer Team has thus far, reached out to over 120 different nonprofits and contributed over 6,500 hours in community services. During the year, the GEG Volunteer Team organized over 20 volunteering activities of which GEG volunteers took part in contributing close to 930 hours to 41 charitable associations.
Mr. Francis Lui, Deputy Chairman of GEG (third right) presented the Group’s donations to representatives from Macau Tung Sin Tong Charitable Society
GEG celebrated the Chinese New Year by offering complimentary haircuts to elderly members of Macau Tung Sin Tong Charitable Society
4. Charitable Activities
GEG is dedicated to giving back to the community by offering support to Macau’s different charity groups. Key beneficiariesinclude (in alphabetical order):
- Caritas Macau
- Cradle of Hope Association
- Charity Fund from the Readers of Macao Daily News
- Fuhong Society of Macau
- General Union of Neighborhood Associations of Macau
- Macau Deaf Association
- Macau Holy House of Mercy
- Macau Red Cross
- Macau Special Olympics
- Macau Tung Sin Tong Charitable Society
- Orbis Macau
- Richmond Fellowship of Macau
- The Macau Association for the Mentally Handicapped
- The Macau Association of Parents of the Mentally Handicapped
- The Women’s General Association of Macau
GEG Volunteers and Clean the World representatives held a soap recycling activity at the General Education Center of the General Union of Neighborhood Associations of Macau
GEG invited the world-renowned illusionist Cyril to have his first-ever public performance in the Broadway Theatre. Members from Macau Deaf Association and Macau Association for the Mentally Handicapped were offered a chance to meet the illusionist up close and personal
5. Sports Development
Aiming to promote the international image of Macau, GEG works closely with the Macau SAR Government and the local community on enhancing the attractiveness, scale and quality of Macau’s sports and community activities. Key initiatives in 2015 include:
- Sponsored “Macau Galaxy Entertainment International Marathon” for the 12th consecutive year, which is one of Macau’s four major annual, international sport events and attracts amateur and professional runners from different countries and regions. Close to 1,000 GEG team members took part in the activity
- Supported and participated in Macau Sports Bureau’s hosting of “Macau International Dragon Boat Races”. GEG’s Dragon Boat Team took part in the race for the 10th time and obtained 11 awards in total
Mr. Francis Lui, Deputy Chairman of GEG, Mr. Alexis Tam Chon Weng, Secretary of Social Affairs and Culture and Mr. Ma Iao Hang, President of Macau Athletic Association (front left to right)presented awards to the first ten male athletes of Full Marathon
GEG Dragon Boat men’s team fiercely rowed their boat to the frontline of the race
6. Education and Culture
GEG supports the Macau SAR Government’s policies on talent cultivation. Collaborating with many educational, arts and cultural associations and institutes on developing different programs aimed at assisting young people to build a more solid foundation for their future careers, in 2015, GEG:
- Launched the “5th GEG Youth Achievement Program” (“YAP”), which GEG co-organizes with the Macau Management Association (“MMA”). First launched in 2011, the previous editions of the YAP attracted over 1,400 participants
- Title sponsored the “7th GEG Macau Cup – Youth National Education Competition” organized by National Conditions Education (Macau) Association. This year, the competition attracted the participation of over 6,000 students from 15 different secondary and tertiary schools
Mr. Francis Lui, Deputy Chairman of GEG, Mr. Hong Bo, Director of the Department of Culture and Education, Liaison Office of the Central People’s Government in the Macau SAR, Ms. Teng Nga Kan, Deputy Director of Macau Labor Affairs Bureau, Mr. Kong Chi Meng, Head of the Division of Pre-School and Primary Education of Education and Youth Affairs Bureau and Mr. Chui Sai Cheong, President of MMA (left to right) officiated the launch of the “5th GEG Youth Achievement Program”