As one of Macau’s leading entertainment gaming operators, GEG actively promotes Responsible Gaming to the rest of Macau’s community.
- Collaborating with the University of Macau’s Institute for the Study of Commercial Gaming, GEG invested in the design and launch of a new Responsible Gaming Logo so that the public can more easily understand the importance of Responsible Gaming.
- Understanding the need for privacy, GEG established Macau’s first 24-hours Confidential Responsible Gaming Support and Counseling Hotline & Online Services for its members and to keep members abreast of new Responsible Gaming information, GEG also offers in-class training programs for members.
- Communication-wise, GEG offers free Responsible Gaming materials to the public. Responsible Gaming brochures and signages are at all casino entry points to reinforce the message that persons under the age of 21 are strictly prohibited from entering the casino floor. Furthermore, to alert GEG members, the Group also places Responsible Gaming brochures and posters in the back-of-house areas for team members.
(For details, please refer to the Responsible Gaming section)
Having established the reputation as one of the key contributors to Macau’s sports development, GEG endeavors to sustain its commitment to assist the Macau SAR Government in achieving its vision to promote the city’s sports culture and to raise the city’s international status as the “Global Center for Tourism and Recreation”. Aligned with these two objectives, GEG has been, and continues to be, a committed contributor to Macau’s organization of local and international sports and sports-related activities, including the commitment that GEG shall sustain as the title sponsorship to two of Macau’s annually hosted international sports events, including:
- The “Macau Galaxy Entertainment FIVB World Grand Prix”
- Year 2010 marked the 6th consecutive year of GEG’s title sponsorship to Macau’s FIVB World Grand Prix. In year 2011, GEG looks forward to title sponsoring the first World Championship Finals, which will be held, for the first time in Macau during GEG’s 7th consecutive year of sponsoring the event.
- In addition to GEG’s monetary contributions, GEG also promotes the development of local sports culture. In the year 2010, GEG invited Macau’s high-school students to join its executives in welcoming the FIVB national team players at GEG’s flagship, StarWorld Hotel.
- Moreover, extending GEG’s care and support to Macau’s needy communities, GEG also invited a group of underprivileged teenagers from the Macau Cradle of Hope to join GEG members, the Macau Youth Women Volleyball Team Players and FIVB China National Team Players for an engaging and memorable afternoon of volleyball sports.
- The “2010 Macau Galaxy Entertainment International Marathon”
- Year 2010 marked the 7th consecutive year of GEG’s title sponsorship of the event plus, in that same year, GEG renewed its pledge to continue title sponsoring Macau’s annual marathon for years 2010 to 2012 through a press conference and contract signing ceremony.
- Living out GEG’s commitment, GEG also launched the first “Surpass Your Own Boundary – 2010 Macau Galaxy Entertainment International Marathon” Creative Writing Contest to foster the involvement of Macau’s students within the ages of 13 to 18 years old.
Through the “GEG Staff Social Club” and “GEG Volunteer Team”, the Group hopes to provide members access to a leadership platform where they are given many unrestricted opportunities to initiate, organize and/or participate in activities that can make a difference to Macau’s various communities. Whether it be the project leader, the project taskforce members, volunteers or participants, the Group is proud of its “GEG Staff Social Club” and “GEG Volunteer Team” for spreading GEG’s attentive and caring “Asian Heart” culture throughout the entire Group and making it known in the wider Macau community. Below are some of the achievements in year 2010.
- Community Activities
- Visited the homes for the elderly, the child-care institutes of Macau Caritas, and other social organizations, greeting them with warm blessings and gifts as well as participating together in interactive games.
- Delivered warm blessings and healthy food products to elderly people living alone and senior residents using “Peng On Tung” services.
- 3 of StarWorld Hotel’s team members, the contestants of “Galaxy Got Talent”, delivered their talent performances to the elderly at the Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration hosted by Macau “Peng On Tung” Tele-assistance Service Center.
- Shared the enjoyment and experience at the bowling session with the members of Macau Special Olympics.
- Completed the 15-minute aerobic exercise with GEG members in the “World Challenge Day” to widely promote the importance of sports events.
- Organized a blood donation activity with Macau Blood Transfusion Center for GEG members to offer hands to people with needs.
- Charitable Events
- As a caring Chinese corporate citizen, GEG is attentive to reach out to the fellow compatriots for their needs and emergencies.
- Dr. Lui Che Woo, via the Lui Che Woo Foundation Limited and GEG, donated MOP5 million to assist the victims of the Qinghai earthquake.
- Donated MOP1 million to assist the victims affected by the mudslides of Zhouqu in Gansu in China.
- Donated all ticket sales of “Galaxy Got Talent” Grand Final to offer greater accessibility by purchasing a vehicle for orphans at Jingyang District’s Social Welfare at Deyang City in Sichuan in China.
- GEG donated to a number of charitable organizations for assisting people with needs in the community (in alphabetical order).
- Macau Care Action Cup
- Macau Cradle of Hope
- Macau Daily News Readers’ Charity Fund
- Macau Deaf Association
- Macau Fu Hong Association
- Macau “Peng On Tung” Tele-assistance Service Center
- Macau Tung Sin Tong
Increased Macau’s competitiveness by giving support to develop local culture and education sectors, GEG is committed to cultivating more students to become leaders for Macau’s prosperity.
- Donated MOP30 million through Lui Che Woo Foundation Limited to the University of Macau for the establishment and operational needs of one of the ten new “residential” style colleges on its Hengqin Campus.
- Title sponsor for the 2nd consecutive year of “GEG Macau Cup – Teenager National Conditions Knowledge Competition” to strengthen students’ knowledge of the nation and ethnic awareness and promote the excellence of “Love China, Love Macau”.
- Donated MOP500,000 to the Institute for the Study of Commercial Gaming of the University of Macau for its research and training in order to giving support to maintain the healthy and sustainable development of the gaming industry in Macau.
- Awarded outstanding students from the sports sector with scholarships established at Macau Polytechnic Institute.
- Collaborated with Macau’s universities and institutes to provide internship opportunities for students in order to enhance their expertise.
- Sponsored University of Macau’s 2010 Communication Week.
Team members are GEG’s greatest assets. The input and effort that they have made contribute to GEG’s greatest success. With a variety of approaches to communicate the corporate culture and values to its members and improve their individual skills and expertise, GEG provides its members a series of training programs and workshops in collaboration with Macau Labor Affairs Bureau, Macau Tourism and Casino Career Center, and the local universities and institutes.
In addition, GEG organizes a number of internal activities for its members to better their work-life balance, which include:
- Wine-tasting sessions
- Movie galas
- “Galaxy Got Talent” – a platform for GEG members to have self-discoveries and their talents paraded
- Dragon Boat, Basketball, Soccer Teams, Badminton playing sessions and mosaic workshop
- Tours of Macau’s social organizations such as OBRIS Flying Eye Hospital
GEG is attentive to the community needs and economic development. While expanding its business, GEG is determined to continue fulfilling its commitments to the community and striving to contribute to Macau’s prosperity.